BEST STRATEGY FOR MARKETING YOUR BUSINESS
I will not lie, I just read one of the better articles found on the internet giving unsolicited advice on better strategies for your business growth. Digital Business by Will Hawkins is a must read found here: http://digi-business.co.uk/2009/04/07/how-to-win-focus-and-speed/
Practicing Micro-Focus for Effectiveness
While thinking through his strategy for attacking all the elements involved in marketing your business online, I imagined of the many out there, like me, that this advice could save from the dreaded “macrostrategy” we currently operate with. The key to strategy and effectiveness in business, as stated by Mr. Hawkins, is concentrating efforts into smaller sections and perfecting those before moving on to the next. Just typing those words, I suddenly feel relieved, possibly saving myself from a panic attack or two.
While microfocusing ourselves into the smaller yet important regions of our business we become experts in those areas; while continuing a desperate unfocused path allows us to become experts at nothing and even bad, or at best, average, at many things. Simple tips like this can make a huge impact on ones success.
Signs of a Macro-Strategizer:
1. A feeling like you are constantly in a race against time
2. An impatience or anxiousness of always being one step behind your competitors
3. Having an incessasnt mental monologue playing of “what I need to do” or “what I haven’t done yet”
4. Having several very important things to do on your list and getting very little if any of them accomplished.
5. Grabbing as many things as possible to do at the same time in a frantic and unsuccessful effort to “catch up”
6. Increased heart rate after reading this.
How to stay Microfocused or How to “get something done”
Good news! Help is on the way. Here is what to do:
1. First, Take two deep breaths
2. Now with your eyes tightly closed take one very small thing from your pile to work on.
3. WITH EYES STILL CLOSED, BEGIN STEPPING AWAY FROM THE PILE.
4. Now shut the door and finish what you have chosen from the pile – and finish it right this time